Benefits of Epsom Salts In Your Garden
Epsom salt is a naturally occurring mineral that was first discovered in Epsom, England. Epsom salt is used to treat aches and pains as well as being an laxative internally, but it's also a garden additive that professional gardeners adore. It may assist you grow healthy, lush plants, flowers, and trees.
Epsom salt, also known as magnesium sulfate, works well in the home garden because it gives fertilizer and soil a much-needed boost of both magnesium and sulfate. The additional minerals enable plants to receive more nutrition from the soil they are in. This in turn increases the plant’s output.
If you're looking for ways to make your garden grow better, epsom salt is a great option. Here are 16 ways that epsom salt can help:
1. It can help promote healthier roots.
2. It can help prevent blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers.
3. It can help increase the uptake of nutrients by plants.
4. It can help improve the appearance of houseplants.
5. It can be used as a fertilizer for roses.
6. It can help make lawns greener and healthier.
7. It can be used to control slugs and other pests.
8. It can be used to make compost more effective.
9. It can be used as a natural weed killer.
10. It can help improve the drainage of heavy soils.
11. It can be used to make a liquid fertilizer for plants.
12. It can be added to potting mix to improve drainage and aeration.
13. It can be used to make a rooting hormone for starting cuttings.
14. It can be used to make a foliar feed for plants.
15. It can be used to prevent eutrophication in ponds and lakes.
16. It can be used in making dyes for fabric and other materials.